I’ve been working on creating Leo’s baby photo album with the Project Life App (it’s like scrapbooking for people that don’t have time to scrapbook). As you can imagine we have tons of super cute baby videos on our iPhones and I’d love to add them to his physical photo album.
So I asked on my Facebook group and tons of people told me to go ahead and use a QR code for that. I was scared of them becoming obsolete and I want to be able to watch these videos until my eyesight is gone but they assured me that it’s binary code and will be around for a long time. Uhhh let’s hope so!! On top of that I’m adding the video’s URL so I can manually type it into a browser, too, and I’ll add a DVD and maybe a USB stick at the end of the photo album. I thought I’d share how to add videos to Project Life cards as well as the cards I created.
With this .png template that I designed I created this page to document some of my third trimester of pregnancy with Leo. Wait, don’t download that image; the high-res versions are further down. I’ve got a few more pages to go but can’t wait to have my pregnancy documented and work on the rest of his book!
How to Add Video to Project Life Cards
- Upload your video to YouTube or another video storage site of your choice like Dropbox, Flickr, Amazon, … I use YouTube and make the video unlisted so I can access it without logging in but you won’t find it unless I share the link with you.
- Grab the link to your video and create a QR code. I really like goqr.me. Save the image to your computer or phone.
- Take and save a screen shot of your video.
- Open the screen shot in a photo layering app like Over or PicsArt
- Add the appropriate template card, then add the QR code image.
- If desired, add text to the image. I like a description and the date on the clapperboard and the URL at the bottom – just in case I can’t get the QR reader to work in a few years. Call me paranoid but better safe than sorry. 😉
Free Video Cards for Project Life
Seeing that I’ll be using these throughout Leo’s baby Project Life album, I thought I’d create templates so that I have a uniform look and can now quickly and easily add video to his photo album. Here are all the formats you can download in .png form at the end of this post:
4×6 cards with one and two videos
6×4 card with video
3×4 cards for landscape and portrait videos
Square 4×4 card for video
Here is the link to download the card templates. Do not share these templates on your own website but link back to this blog post! I made these cards and they are for personal use only!